Happy New Year! I am not really a resolution person but I think that this year social media is going to be a key part of expressing your personal and professional brands this year, 2015!
I am going to try to keep this simple. Here’s a list of things I think that you should do in 2015 to expand your brand on social media.
- Stop worrying about how many people are following you, like your page.
Focus on delivering content that they can relate to and engage in. (contests, feedback, etc.)
- Make sure that you try new social media trends like SnapChat, Instagram.
- Sign up for SnapChat, if you haven’t already.
- Sign up for Instagram, if you haven’t already.
- Use video in your social media campaigns. Video is on the rise — it’s proven, not just a feeling I have.
- With video on the mind, make sure you have a YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to my blog and ones like it to keep up on social media trends.